Monday, March 14, 2011

No-Fly Zone

Now that the Arab League called for a No-Fly zone over Libya, and it is known that the opposition inside Libya wants this, preferably after a UN Security Council decision, a no-fly zone over Libya should be enforced ASAP. It will be useful. I would not support anything more at this point.

Libya is different from Egypt, in that a million people going somewhere by foot, and staying there, and forcing change is not possible. Libya is a vast country, larger than Texas and populated only by ~ 6 million people. Then in case of civil unrest (war) the side with the best logistics wins, and that side is the incumbent forces I'm afraid.

Health Apocalypse Now

Link Much of my time for the past year has been spent navigating the medical maze on behalf of my mother, who has dementia. I obser...