Friday, December 23, 2011

Blaxploitation

The train of thought started while I was listening to J. J. Johnson's song Willie Chase (great funk) -- I looked up the song, and started reading about blaxploitation movies. There are subgenres, and one subgenre is .. Westerns! An example is titled (I kid you not) "Boss Ni...r". Ex-football player Fred Williamson plays a sheriff, and the movie's slogan goes:

"White Man's Town.. Black Man's Law".

Hillarious. Note: I guess the N word was not politically incorrect at this time. Not sure when this word became a slur actually; Richard Pryor was using it during 70s, he was both pissing off some people, but he wasnt really aware that he was... So I guess the society took some deciding the issue.

Health Apocalypse Now

Link Much of my time for the past year has been spent navigating the medical maze on behalf of my mother, who has dementia. I obser...