Friday, September 2, 2016

#leo


Good slogan. Though outstanding student debt is  around 1 Trillion $ and 4 billion probably wont make a dent in it, this is still a good place as any to start. I like how the petition is framed; no money to oilmen, but to education. Petition says:
Every year, billions of dollars in taxpayer money goes to subsidize one of the most profitable industries in human history: the oil industry. In 2014 alone, oil companies received more than $4 billion from US taxpayers, despite raking in hundreds of billions of dollars in profits. Meanwhile, we have a student debt crisis in our country. Millions of Americans face mountains of debt to get the education needed to make a good living.
It’s time to shift our priorities. We should be making college more affordable, not lining the pockets of the oil industry.  
Nice. 

BTW: According to IEA unless fossil fuel subsidies are cut, countries will not reach their climate goal targets. 

Note: I did a joke way back saying things like "taking a Leonardo di Caprio" and "taking a William Shatner", etc... I have to make it clear I was just joking, I have no problem with these people. Leo is a great guy in fact, he does a lot publicity work on climate related issues.  

Health Apocalypse Now

Link Much of my time for the past year has been spent navigating the medical maze on behalf of my mother, who has dementia. I obser...